Are you ready to embark on a lifetime safari experience with us and still having unanswered questions ? below are the frequently asked questions and travel tips you might need to know before visiting your destination with us.
- All personal medications and toiletries (No chemist in the bush).
- Sun hat, glasses and sun protection cream
- Gloves (winter).
- Camera, with batteries and plenty of film as we shoot with camera.
- Sleeping bag and pillow (not for luxury safaris).
- Pair of good walking shoes, boots, strops & sandals.
- Good flashlight with spare batteries & bulb
- Bird/animal books of southern Africa
A 30 % non- refundable deposit is required upon confirmation of a booking payment due 6 weeks prior to departure. If a booking is cancelled within 6 weeks before the start of the safari, African Excursions retains the full deposit and in addition a cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
- Less than 42 days notice 20 % of the total costs.
- Less than 28 days notice 40 % of the total costs.
- Less than 21 days notice 50 % of the total costs
- Less than 7 days notice 80 % of the total costs
We recommend strongly that cancellation insurance is taken to cover these charges.
If African Excursions has to cancel the safari before the departure date, the full amount paid by customer will be refunded.
YOUR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, VACCINATION & VISAS. We will not be responsible for any passenger who is refused entry into the country for whatever reason.
YOUR TRAVELERS CHEQUES & CASH (US $, EURO, RANDS AND ALL VISA CREDIT CARD ARE ACCEPTED) SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY AT AFRICAN EXCURSIONS. BOTSWANA is approximately the size of France or the state of Texas. It is one of the most politically stable countries as well as one of the most economically successful countries in Africa.
- Area: 600,370 square kilometres.
- Languages: English & Setswana.
- Government: Parliamentary Republic.
- Major industries: diamonds, copper,nickel.coal,salt, and Agriculture.
- Population: 1.8 million.
- Inflation: 9%
Please check with your Health Department or Travel Agency before you leave.